Pastor Il Hun Lee
Missionary Su Young Park
They are sent from KAPCQ. Mrs. Su Young Park was a member of young adult group (KM) at KAPCQ before she became a missionary in Cambodia.
Siem Reap, Cambodia
In Cambodia about 95 percent of the population are Theravada Buddhists. Throughout Cambodia’s long history, religion has been a major source of cultural inspiration. Buddhism and Hinduism are the main religions, and superstition almost runs parallel to religion in Cambodia.
Tragic history of the Khmer Rouge also takes a big part in Cambodia. During the Cambodian genocide with the Khmer Rouge from 1975 thru 1979, almost 2 million people, around 25% of Cambodia’s population, were persecuted. The targeted groups of people were the educated – such as doctors, lawyers, and current or former military and police.
Bethel church does VBS and tennis ministry for children, and educates and trains selected young adults to be a minister and spiritual leader. In 2019, kindergarten at Bethel church will be open to the public.
Missional Work and Activities
- “Rise Up Cambodia” revival service for the youth group
- Opening service and setting up for the kindergarten at Bethel church
- Medical ministry (optometry such as providing glasses, and general health check-up)
- VBS, teaching classes (Chinese, English, Art, and Music), and evangelism-explosion for students at public schools
- Village ministry (our 2018 Cambodia mission team was the first visitor)
- Vision trip to Vietnam
July 19 departing from New York
July 20 arriving in Siem Reap, Cambodia
July 26 leaving Cambodia to Vietnam
July 27 departing from Vietnam
July 28 back to New York